Veterans Tribute at Kaskaskia College
About the Tribute
The Veterans Tribute at Kaskaskia College is a unique, heartfelt monument that honors the men and women who have served, currently are serving, and those who will serve our Country in the future. Historically, memorials are designated for those who have left us, whereas the Tribute on KCâ€™s main campus honors all veterans, those living and deceased. The Tribute allows students, family members, and visitors a connecting link to veterans by providing a broader spectrum, appreciation, and understanding of the magnitude, of all the veterans have done in preserving democracy and in keeping the dream of freedom alive.
- When completed the Tribute will have the space to proudly display the names and branches of service for 150,000 veterans who have connections to the KC College District.
- The Tribute consists of three phases:
- Phase 1 â€?The construction of a plaza with walls to accommodate more than 25,000 names, seals of the five branches of service, the installation of a bronze eagle with a 10 foot wingspan in the center of the plaza, American flags, cherry trees and paving bricks for honoring veterans.
- Phase 2 â€? Completion of additional walls to accommodate more names. This phase will be sub-divided into the construction of a wall at a time, depending on the available resources and the number of names that are submitted
- Phase 3 â€? Construction of an Education Building that will be equipped with a computer lab and AV services for visitors to have access to historical documents, information, artifacts, and data on the history of the United States starting with the Declaration of Independence.
For additional information:
Dr. Dee Boswell